Messerschmitt Me-609 Nightfighter - Heavy fighter-bomber 92198

Reference: 92198

Messerschmitt Me-609 Nightfighter - Heavy fighter-bomber 92198

Plastic assembly kit, scale 1/72, ready to assemble and decorate.

Requires paints, brushes, cutter and adhesive.

The Messerschmitt Me 609 was a short-lived World War II German project which joined two fuselages of the Me 309 fighter prototype together to form a heavy fighter. The project was initiated in response to a 1941 Reich Air Ministry requirement for a new Zerstorer (destroyer) to replace the Bf 110 in a minimum time and with a minimum of new parts. Messerschmitt's response was the Me 609, which would use the failed Me 309 project to form the basis of the new fighter.

The Me 609 would have joined the two Me 309 fuselages with a new centre wing section into which the two inboard wheels of the landing gear would retract. The Me 609 kept the Me 309's tricycle undercarriage which resulted in an ungainly six-wheel arrangement. The Me 609 would have had its cockpit in the port fuselage, the starboard being smoothed over. Two versions were planned: a heavy fighter with four or six 30 mm MK 108 cannons, and a Schnellbomber (light bomber) variant with two 30 mm MK 108 cannons and a bomb load of 1,000 kg (2,200 lb) carried beneath the fuselages.

Read more
€24.00 (VAT incl.)
Last items in stock
Add to compare0
Product Details
Related products
No items

Menu

Settings